For the 2017-2018 academic year, I will be serving as the Interim Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UMW.
In the fall of 2013, I was appointed as the Director of UMW’s Quality Enhancement Plan, a university-wide plan to enhance our first-year seminar (a requirement for all new college students). As QEP director, I managed the delivery of our FSEM program which amounts to coordinating the FSEM offerings, overseeing the building of a series of online learning modules, and organizing a variety of faculty development and support opportunities.
- FSEM 100: Cryptology
- MATH 120: Quantitative Reasoning for the Sciences (traditional and online)
- MATH 200: Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 201: Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 325: Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 372: Modern Geometry
In recent years, I have been using Canvas for delivering the online components of my courses.